The beginning of the month went slowly for me, then it picked up speed towards the end of the month; much like a snowball going downhill. It didn’t help that most of the month has been unusually cold, mid 30’s to 40’s for a long time. It’s only now getting warmer here at the end of the month.
My husband built a climbing wall for our nephew for his birthday, when we took it to his party, he seemed to enjoy it—especially the colors and telling us what they were. I think he and his sister will like it once their mom puts it up on the play set.
The weekend after was my birthday and we went down to see my mom. We went hiking, ate some cake and ice cream and then we went on a murder mystery train ride with supper afterwards. I enjoyed it but the mystery play could have been better. The actors didn’t speak loud so it was hard to hear over the train. I enjoyed it anyway and the food was good. On my actual birthday, we are out at a pizza shop and took the dog to the dog park. Overall my birthday was a success.
This weekend is just relaxing and working on what we need to get done for the month of May. We went to Harbor Freight, then got some Taco Bell and ate at the park and walked afterwards. There was a little free library so I checked it out, but no exciting books that I wanted.
Because it’s been colder than usual, I haven’t been able to get out much except in the last week. I’m hoping May will warm up. I’m looking forward to my anniversary with my husband in May and all the adventures we planned for it!
What I’m Watching
- Finding Your Roots (sometimes)
- The General’s Daughter
- Into the Wild
- Sister Wives
- Celebrity IOU
- The Dead Files
- Ghost Adventures
- Secrets of the Ice
- Lost Cities of the Bible
- Prime Suspect: The Madeleine McCain Case
What I’m Reading
- Braving It: A Father, a Daughter, and an Unforgettable Journey Into the Alaskan Wild by James Campbell
- Woodsong by Gary Paulsen
- Thou Shalt Not Be a Jerk: a Christian’s Guide to Engaging Politics by Eugene Cho
- Temptation Ridge by Robyn Carr
- The Land of Stories books 2 & 2 by Chris Colfer
- Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
My Questions for You!
- How was your April?
- Is spring bringing out the flowers and warm weather for you?
- What are you looking forward to May and summer in general?